Translating Dokan Plugins add-ons is very much similar to other WordPress plugins. The add-on is not ready for translating from wordpress.org, but we have created our own project from where you can easily translate it.
How to Translate Dokan Add-ons
Here are the steps which you should follow for translating this add-on.
- At first you have to register to https://wedevs.com.
- Login to the weDevs Translation Project at http://translate.wedevs.com/login.
- Now, go to http://translate.wedevs.com/projects/dokan-plugin/.
- You will find the list of Dokan add-ons on the left side of the page. Select an add-on from the list.
- You will see a list of available languages. Select your own language from the list.
- If the language is already 100% translated, jump to step 11. Step 7-10 is required if the language is not translated yet.
- After selecting language, you will see a list of available strings that need to be translated.
- Select the string and start to translate.
- Translate or modify the existing string if required.
- After completing translation, you will need to export the translation file.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find a Export Link.
- You have download two important files.
- First, select Only Matching the Filter from the first drop-down menu beside the Export link.
- Next, select Portable Object Message Catalog (.po).
- Now click on the Export link. This will download a .po file to your computer.
- For the second file, select Machine Object Message Catalog (.mo) from the drop-down menu and click Export again. This will download a .mo file to your computer.
You have rename the .mo file according to this format:
For example, dokan-live-search-fr_FR.mo or dokan-export-import-en_US.mo
Here is a list of the plugin name you have to replace while renaming the .mo or .po file.
- Dokan export Import = dpi_plugin-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan Invoice = dokan-invoice-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Ajax Live Search = dokan_ls-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Seller Vacation = dokan_sv-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Product Inquiry = dokan-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Duplicate Product = dokan-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan Subscription = dps-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan PayPal Adaptive = dokan-paypal-ap-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan Store Review = dokan-store-review-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan Simple Auction = dokan-auction-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan Store Support = dokan-store-support-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
- Dokan WC Booking = dokan-wc-booking-languagecode_countrycode.po/mo
Finally, you will have to-
- go to wp-admin -> Settings -> General and scroll to the bottom.
- You will get to see a drop down menu for languages. Choose your language from there (like, en_Es for Spanish) and save.